Yesterday I was working with ms office word, I complete over all work but I forgot to save, in that situation my system automatically shut down. And I lost all my hard work for my presentation. Can anybody advise me how can I recover an unsaved Microsoft word document on OSX 10.8.4 using the office 2011? Thanks.
Hey unsaved documents cannot recover easily but you should recover you lost documents, and then you may try to open the Auto Recovery files that you are saved during the session. By default, word for the Mac saves all the AutoRecovery files in the following location:
- MacintoshHD/Users/username/Documents/Microsoft User Data
- To open the AutoRecovery files, by the following steps:
- Close word for your Mac.
- On the go menu, click on the home
- Open the documents folder, and then you open the Microsoft user data folder.
- Locate all the files that start with the words “AutoRecovery save of”
- For each file that matches these criteria, rename the file. Then, add the “.doc” file name extension.
- Hope it will work successful on your system.
User Guide Stpe by Step: